What is Twelve Minutes?
Twelve Minutes is a game about a man stuck in a time loop that lasts 12 minutes. You come home from work and as you have dinner with your wife, a cop shows up, beats you up and you pass out.
You then wake up at the exact moment you got home.
You now have to use the knowledge of what you know is going to happen, to change the outcome and break the loop.
The whole game is in real time, there are no objectives or hand-holding and everything happens in your apartment.
The current average play time is about 8 hours…if you are good at puzzle games.
How does it play?
Kinda Funny played it for a few loops while I provide some development comments:
Giant Bomb also had a go at it! Different playthrough and even more loops:
When is it coming out?
When it’s done.
- “The most interesting unreleased video game I’ve played this year.” – Kotaku
- “One of the most intriguing projects we’ve seen a long while.” – Rock Paper Shotgun
- “The most interesting game I played at PAX East 2015.” – Polygon
- “An impressively evocative experience.” – Kill Screen Daily
- “4 Games we Loved at Pax East 2015” – Gamespot
- “The Gem of PAX East 2015” – GamingTrend